NaijaPrincess

All About Me..Born In Naija! Raised In Naija! chilling in US n Still Reppin Naija!!!

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Vexing things!

I love being Nigerian n won't trade it for anything in the world but sometimes, just sometimes, like today for example i just wish for like a day i could be American or sumthing. I know the feeling will be gone by tomorrow but just right now i wanna scream.

I'm 19, a junior in college but does that matter? Nope....neva bin drunk, done drugs, smoked or anything crazy like dat. I've bin very responsible but does of any dat matter? Nope..I still get treated like i'm 4 by my mom.

Now, dont get me wrong. I love my mom very much like she means the world to me but right now we are  just not on the same page. It's summer and while everyone else is going somewhere to have fun i'm stuck in the house.

Everytime any of my friends are doing something fun and invite me i pretty much know how the conversation will go with my mom like today for example.

Me: Mom, friend mi kan invite mi to go bowling nxt saturday, se mo le lo?
Mom: ehn kori si bowie (ehn, go to to bowie; a city in maryland)
Me: no, not bowie, bowling, kini game yen ti e ma ju ball si ile ti a lo gba awon kini bi bottles ti won tojo.
Mom: ehn, ore wo ni yen?
Me: Bimbo
Mom: mi ti mo (I don't know yet)
Me: mo fe fun ni answer le ni so igba wo le ma mo
Mom: Ma yo mi lenu so ti gbo.............
3hrs later
Me: so, mom nipa kini bowling yen, se mo le lo
Mom: Mi le ro inu yen nisin
Me: knowing shes gon say no anyways, i pushed a lil further i was like e de jo now
Mom: se answer lo fe abi..ehn o le lo
Me: kilode now, a kan fe lo bowl nikan ni
Mom: se emi ni mo n ba e soro ti o n ka oju soke fun, en o kuku ti ju 18, nkan to ba wu e ni ko lo se, to ba fe dabi awon omo America
Me: *thinking, how in d world did we get to talking about awon omo America
Mom: ehn ko eru e lo si odo bimbo, se bi o fe ni freedom ni
Me: too mad to talk just thinking how in the word did can i go bowling turn into ko eru e lo si odo bimbo

This pretty much happens everytime i ask to go out and its so frustarting at times like today cuz i really wanted to go bowling. I understand where shes coming from and all but sometimes, just sometimes like today i wanted to be from america or some other country where ur parent gives you a lil freedom.

One of my good friend who is also Nigeria is 21 and gets treated like that too so its a lil comforting to know i'm not the only one.



Now dat i'm done sulking, apart from dat i love being Nigerian n the thing is even though i whine about not being given the freedom to go and come as i want, i feel like when i have kids i'm probably gon do the same thing too. lol


I'm on summer break now sha, its so freaking hot outside, n even inside too, i just wanna stand under the shower till summer is over.


4 Comments:

  • At June 13, 2009 at 8:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You are soooooo not the only one that goes through all that unnecessary scrutiny. I'm also 19 and my parents are exactly the same way! When I turned 17, I worked all summer just so I could save up enough money to buy a car because I knew that meant I would have more freedom. My plan worked! Nowadays, I don't ask to go places...I tell them like "Mummy, mo'n lo si mall pelu awon ore mi (I just insert the name of a friend she's met)" End of story! I run out the door, into my car and gooooo...no time for them to ask questions. When I was younger if I wasn't home by 9pm, my mom would be freaking out and calling my phone every five minutes thinking I got abducted or something. Now though, I have my ways of getting around the rules :)

     
  • At June 13, 2009 at 9:10 PM , Blogger Roc said...

    Lmao... Everyone goes through this stage at one time or the other.

    Your momsy funny sha..

     
  • At June 14, 2009 at 4:34 AM , Blogger Tee said...

    Sweetie, i am 27 o!!! My parents still keep curfew of 5:00pm for me, i cant go out without talking permission.....the only luck is that i am a doctor, so if i have to go anywhere i tell them i am on call.

     
  • At June 15, 2009 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    lol! the stories we gon tell our kids..I just wish all d Naija parents can all get together and give like an age when we can at least have some sort of freedom.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home